Monday, August 2, 2010

Awesome Workout Songs

I. Love. Music. There’s no denying it. I love finding a new song that has the ability to make me lose myself in the lyrics and melody and forget about the world around me. Cheesy, but seriously, music is my anti-drug. So, I thought I would share a list of some energizing songs that will give you that extra push you need to get off your behind and workout. Some are older songs and others are more recent. I was going to only list 10, but I got a little carried away. Enjoy and happy sweating! :)

In no particular order:
1. "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera
I’ve always loved this song, but never thought of listening to it while
I workout until I was in a spin class at the gym and the instructor
played it. It totally pumped me up and made me feel like I could do anything!

2. "Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf

3. "I Don’t Care" by Fall Out Boy
Great beat and it gives me a sense of empowerment.

4. "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
I love this song. It automatically puts me in a great mood and it
practically forces me to get up and start moving.

5. "How You Love Me Now" by Hey Monday

6. "When I Grow Up" by Pussycat Dolls

7. "Bring Me Under" by Evanescence

8. "Dollhouse" by Priscilla Renea

9. "OMG" by Usher feat. will.i.am

10. "Bulletproof" by La Roux
Most of you probably already have this on your workout playlist. It is
very popular, but for me, it never gets old.

11. "Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore

12. "La la La" by LMFAO

13. "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson

14. "Shooting Star" by David Rush feat. LMFAO, Pitbull, and Kevin Rudolf

15. "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga
This is also a very popular workout song. I love the beat and it’s long
so it’ll keep you goin’.

16. "TiK ToK" by Ke$ha
I know, I know. This is probably one of the most overplayed songs ever,
but it is still one of my favorites. It pumps me up and hey, maybe some
of you haven’t heard of it. That is, if you’ve been living under a rock
for the past year. ;)

17. "Womanizer" by Britney Spears

18. "Black & Blue" by Miike Snow
"Black & Blue" is great for a jog. The lead singer has a cool and
unique voice that I could listen to forever!

19. "Daylight" by Matt & Kim

20. "Blame it on the Girls" by Mika

21. "Animal" by Neon Trees

22. "1901" by Phoenix

23. "Dr. Feel Good" by Travie McCoy
This is a fast paced song with lots of energy.

24. "(If You’re Wondering if I want you to) I want you to" by Weezer
I can't help but move when I listen to this one!

4 comments:

Carly said...

Perfect post! Thanks Cindy! Can't wait to download these songs.

Lindsay said...

Yes!!! Seriously, how did you know I needed this? Just this morning, during my run, I was thinking I was starting to feel a little bored with running and that I needed to find some new good workout songs to get me going. Thank you!! You totally read my mind. I love this blog.

Lindsay said...

Oh yeah, and I've definitely been living under a rock since I'm not quite sure what that song is. I'm sure I'd recognize it if I heard it.

I'm such a dorky mom.

Kelli said...

Nice! I always love new music. Good job, Cind. And there is nothing better than a good beat while you're working out!