Saturday, January 30, 2010

Recipes

In an attempt to kick off this blog, I'm positing again. I'm sure Lindsay is eye-deep in sleep training and is probably a little exhausted. Kelli and Cindy have no excuses. :)

Have any of you tried any new, delicious recipes lately?

Lindsay has a link to her blog on her blog, but sometimes I read www.katheats.com and it's a girl who photographs pictures of every she eats and eats mostly whole foods. She always makes oatmeal that looks so delicious so the other morning I made this:

1/3 cup oats
1/3 fat free milk
1/3 cup water
little salt
cooked those ingredients until right consistency and then added:
pumpkin
cottage cheese
splash of vanilla
little bit of brown sugar
dollop of nutella
topped it with organic pumpkin seed granola (found at Costco-very good!) Oh my gosh it was SO SO GOOD. I've had it for breakfast the past 3 mornings now. It's so filling and so tasty. I really don't add that much nutella, but it gets all melty and warm and it's just delish.

So anybody else?


5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That sounds delish! I've seen Kath put cottage cheese in her oatmeal, but have never tried it myself. And of course, anything with Nutella is out of this world. Unfortunately, it's on my "Do Not Buy" list b/c I usually eat the whole jar in a day and half.

I LOVE oatmeal. So many yummy possibilities.

And I'm planning a post but waiting until the sleep deprivation haze clears a bit more.

Kelli said...

Mmm that does sound good. I wish I had more time to make breakfast in the morning before school. But waking up at 6:00 just so I can have breakfast and still get to my 8 am class on time usually deters me from making oatmeal.

Kirk does tell me he's recently discovered a really good oatmeal bowl at the Marriot Building Cafe - something with oatmeal and cinnamon and green apples for only $.99.

And I'm planning something too but can't seem to find pictures of it. It requires me to either find pictures so you know what I'm talking about, or stalk people at school and secretly take pictures of them. I'm still debating.

Carly said...

Yeah , Kelli, the whole process of making the oatmeal takes probably 10 minutes. It doesn't take too long. It's so good! Maya practically eats half of it every morning. But then again, that's Maya and she'll eat anything.

Kelli said...

Yeah, 10 minutes plus doing the dishes. And that's a precious ten minutes, let me tell you.

Cindy said...

ooh yeah I've got something really big planned, too, but I uh just can't find the right pictures for it/I'm trying to get over sleep deprivation. Uh, actually I have nothing planned. I've been racking (is that the right word? whatever) my brain trying to think of something, but sadly nothing comes to mind. I'll try to be more creative.

P.S. that oatmeal sounds delicious. I must try it.